Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My first knife/utensil set

I guess I will be lugging this to school every class...



















Today we learned about knife skills.  Using vegetables, we learned slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, julienne, paring, cubed, stew cut.  Chef instructor also said some French terms that I have forgotten.

Most of the things were not new to me, but I was amused watching some of my classmates struggling with paring a tomato and an apple.  And there were already 3 casualties today of knife cuts.  Careful, careful!


I thought I was the student who lived nearest the school.  Someone beat me to it.  At least may kasabay na ako sa paglakad pauwi.


On a more serious note,  I now feel that this course is REALLY some SERIOUS shit.  Once successfully completed, I can get 4 certificates: a course diploma,  NC-IV in Commercial Cooking Certification (The Highest TESDA Certification) and Bread and Pastry Production NC-II (Currently the highest pastry production certification awarded in the Philippines) and Wine Stewardship.   

My goal is to be awarded a Gold Medal upon completion of course.

Teka... makainom na nga ng Milo.

1 comment:

  1. Nice naman, how I wish I cud do the same.. Gudlak and I know u can do it.

    ReplyDelete