Sunday, January 23, 2011

Like 'em full and firm buns…


Gen. Luna pandesal…. ah… I have loved these little bites of nugget heaven since I was young.  A little dab of Queensland butter and I'm in breakfast ecstasy. 

It has remained the same, except for the price.

It's different from the other pandesals I have tasted.  They're small but heavy, somewhat near to an english muffin texture already.  They don't deflate like most pandesals do and not too crusty that it feels like french bread when cool.

I will learn how to do this I'm sure.  I was reading thru the nice book that my loving sister Tintin gave me (Fundamentals of Professional Cooking and Baking by Gonzalez/Sandique) that there are actually different kinds of flour with different protein content for different uses.  Now that is something I'm not too familiar with.  

I confess that baking is my waterloo, as opening a packet of Betty Crocker Easy Bake Blueberry Muffins is not be considered as actual baking.   How about those apple pies I've made in the past? I've made Chocolate Chip Cookies but my 8 year old niece, Lexi, can make that too!

I want to make pandesal.  I want to be able to bake something like that Gen. Luna pandesal.  

I will also need a pugon (stoneware oven).   I'm sure SM Appliance Center don't sell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment